Monday, May 18, 2009

The Beginning...

In the beginning there was God in my garden, now He is using me for labor to make it a labor of love!
To begin with, we have a major issue, besides the fact that we have about an acre of open land to work with, in that we have donkeys for neighbors. On the other side of the donkey pen are my husband's cousins who were sweet enough to take on three donkeys who had been rescued and we like very much. However we don't like the smell of the donkeys in the summer, especially.

Here is one of our three nearest neighbors. Isn't she cute?! They also really bray, and when the owners come home they bray like a dog would bark. Too funny!

So our idea is to put heavy scented things near the donkeys and eventually have a line of dogwoods and ornamental pear trees along the perimeter of our property line.


This is one of my roses, the name is Dolly Parton and is one of the best smelling roses I have ever smelled. It also has the beautiful huge red blooms on them that are even beautiful as tight buds as you can see in the picture.




Here is our first dogwood that will be planted soon. Right now my children's red wagon is keeping it watered.

I also have an ornamental pear tree, which looks will look like this when it blooms:

and then its foliage in the fall:

No comments:

Post a Comment