Thursday, May 14, 2009

Welcome!

My name is Rachel and I live in Alabama, between the narrow gap of Zone 7 & 8. Summers here are hot and humid, sometimes dry and sometimes not. But, there are so many things on this good, green earth to enjoy that I have finally gotten around to creating my garden.
I live on two and half acres, perched on the side of a mountain. One and half of those acres is woods, but the other acre is all weeds, grass, and a few trees. Some of those trees are gigantic and speak of ancient wisdom and years, while others annoy me as they drop sweetgum balls all over my yard.
This blog is going to be my journal, as I move step by agonizing step towards the gardens of my dreams. I hope you enjoy the ride!
My intent is to post pictures along with my descriptions so that the journey of my seeds coming to life will not be lost. Soon, I will have several "before" pictures, including the wonderful view I have of donkeys out my front window. At least at my window I can't smell them!
Here is to a hopefully fun and lucrative journey that is satisfying and grows many things (except weeds) without killing them!

No comments:

Post a Comment